A dirty exhaust system can leave your business in ashes. Don’t let this happen to you. If your business involves an exhaust fan system, ask yourself these questions:
- When was it last cleaned? and
- How you would cope if a lack of adequate cleaning led to the closure of your business?
Exhaust fan systems are legally required to be maintained to promote a safe environment. Without adequate care, exhaust systems can become:
- accumulation sites for flammable substances such as cooking fats, grease and lint creating an invisible fire hazard;
- breeding grounds for germs. Council and Health Authority inspectors check exhaust hoods as part of their inspection process. Uncleaned hoods can mean closure of a business.
With Health and Fire Departments requiring exhaust systems to be thoroughly cleaned annually*, the pain could be made all the worse if your insurance company denies your claim due to inadequate maintenance of your system. [*Australian Standard 1851.6 – 1997]
The Steamatic treatment looks beyond the obvious visible areas (filter and blades) to meticulously clean the risers (where accessible) and horizontal ducts areas where major accumulation of contaminants occurs.
As part of its service, we will provide:
- before and after photographs
- a detailed system diagram for future reference
- a full report on its condition
- a certificate of compliance for your records.
Steamatic is a member of I.K.E.C.A. (International Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning Association).